Picnic Baby Shower Ideas
by Katie Betler
(South Park, PA)
Picnic Baby Shower Decorations
Here is the rest of the picnic baby shower plans in more detail. Because this is a coed shower in which it will be a large picnic, we didn't want a sit down meal with sit down games. Therefore here are the Games!
Baby Shower Decorations:
- Painting Area- An area with blank onesie’s, t-shirts, hats, bibs with fabric paints and stencils for guests to paint something to ‘dress the baby’ in.
- Invitation to tell guests to Come Pregnant (Dress like they are pregnant) Best Pregnant Outfit will win the big door prize (Picnic Table, birdhouse, Dad’s Idea!)
- Birthday/due date (who's closest) - Award a prize to the guest whose birthday is closest to the due date of the baby
- Raffle- Have guests enter a prize raffle by either purchasing a ticket with a ticket item, package of diapers or wipes. Then have a Chinese Auction where for every item they bring they get 10 tickets to put in a bag by the basket of their choice. Pull Tickets to determine winners.
- Prizes will be themed baskets. So far I have three prizes, the one is a Candy Bar Cake, the other is a Money Shirt, and the third is a Cigar Basket! I plan to do a few more, but have not got around to it yet! (I will be posting these pictures on my website as well, so if you are interested in them, I will soon be selling them- visit http://www.katiebetler.com.
- Blow up Ultrasound Picture and Matte for guests to sign.
- I also found a background so that I can set up an area where guests can pose that came dressed pregnant for a picture! Great Memories!
My husband and I are having a baby boy, and to tell you the truth, we are not the Winnie the Pooh type. We love the idea of the ruggedness of a little boy. His nursery is already done up in Camo, and we thought, the Baby shower should follow suit.
I have purchased Camo Material, Ballons that Coordinate, and Plates and Napkins in Camo. The material we plan to make table runners and table cloths. I have also purchased Football Rubber Duckies to place in the Punch and on the table, and Camo umbrellas to decorate with since it is a "shower".
I love the way baby cupcakes look, and they are easily eaten and saved! I am doing coordinating cupcake colors to the camo tablecloth and have already purchased a cupcake cake tree to build the tiered cake.
I made my own Chocolate Candy Favors and have attached cute little sayings to them thanking guests for coming to the baby shower.
My Dad is a master carpenter so he is going to make the grand prize for the best dressed pregnant man or woman.
Family and Friends are all kicking in to make a dish, and it will be simple like hot dogs in saurkraut, ziti, cheesy potatoes, just basically like a graduation party type food.
We have rented a jumping inflatable for the kids that will be there, and I plan to purchase a pinata.
Gifts will not be opened until later on in the evening, those who wish to stay and watch are welcome to.
Chief Party Dad
Guys will love these Co-Ed picnic baby shower ideas! Yes, who can refuse to join a picnic party that won't embarrass you with silly ideas? Continue to read Katie's Picnic Baby Shower Invitation
Return to Coed Baby Showers