Bunny Baby Shower
(Orange County, USA)
I had the privilege of hosting a co-ed baby shower for my sister and brother-in-law. Since this is their first child, my first niece, my parent's first grandchild, I wanted to make the baby shower extra special, fun, and enjoyable for our family and friends. The theme was Bunny Baby Shower. We wanted to choose a theme that was unique, different and moreover the baby would be born in the Year of the Rabbit according to the Chinese zodiac. Thus, we chose a bunny themed baby shower. I had invitations made from Bless Express, titled "Somebunny is having a Baby Girl!" Let me share my awesome ideas for my unique and fun bunny themed baby shower:
1) My guests were greeted by a server which provided a choice of pink champagne, mimosas, wine, and of course, capri-sun juice for the kids. Throughout the party she served water, juice, and anything our guests needed. Wonderful extra help!
2)I chose to decorate our house with pink paper lanterns with white fans, and pink swirls. I even made my own fuschia tissue paper pom pom ball to hang over the "special chair" that my sister would sit to open her presents.
I placed a banner with a clothesline below and hung girl baby clothes. Then I made my own flower arrangements consisting of pink and white fresh gerbera daisies in a fuschia vase. Absolutely beautiful! Then, I bought a couple of bunny stuffed animals and placed this around the house.
3) I had delicious food catered and had nachos for the kids. I had a dessert bar consisting of bunny themed cake pops, chocolated and pink chocolated covered strawberries, pink red-velvet cupcakes, mini fruit tarts, chocolate dipped rice krispy treats and a 9-in round chocolate bunny cake that served as the centerpiece of the dessert bar. It was delicously gorgeous!
4) I made a beautiful three-tiered bunny diaper cake. I placed a book, towels, bib, onesies that of course said "My Aunt is the Best".
5) Then, I had a cute rabbit piggybank which the guest could contribute. This was a great start toward the savings for the baby. There were also buttermints in a rabbit jar for the guest to take.
6) I thought of a new idea for the guest sign-in book. I was able to find the cutest bunny photo album. I had the guest sign each page, having them write an advice or a message.
Then, I made sure that the couple took a picture with their guests. Even better, I tried to take a picture with the couple and each gift with their guests. I placed this picture with what they wrote in the photo album and it was a wonderful souvenir and memory book. Not only would they always remember what their guests gave them but they had their advice written with the picture as well. The couple loved this idea!
7) Of course I had fun games for the party. I had plastic mini babies in ice cubes. The first one to have their baby born (melt), won! The second game was played in pairs and they had to make a creative and fun diaper on their partner using toilet paper in 3 minutes. Definitely lots of laughs. I provided $5 gift cards to Target for the winners.
8) For the party favors, I gave silver bunny keychains. There was boy bunny keychain for the male guests and a female bunny keychain for the female guests. Everyone adored the party favors. I made my own party tags and tied each keychain with "It's A Girl" ribbon.
9) Last but not least, I surprised the couple with a magician. To go along wonderfully with my bunny themed baby shower, one of the tricks was pulling a real bunny out of his hat! He entertained our party of about an hour and everyone enjoyed him especially the kids.
As you could see, I put my heart and soul into planning a special baby shower for my sister and my brother-in-law. I can't wait to be a new aunt and I wanted to make sure their first baby shower was memorable and heartfelt. I hope you enjoy my ideas!